Introduction to Computer Languages
Course Composition and Objectives
- Develop, test, and execute a graphic application for simulations using Java.
- Create a Java application.
- Given a set of events, choose the appropriate programming actions.
- Work with Java in a way that demonstrates understanding of the principles behind the programming language.
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of object-oriented programming including classes and inheritance.
- Create UML class and Use Case diagrams.
- Integrate an understanding of XML and apply this understanding with Java.
- Instructors Choice: Instructors may choose topics and learning objectives that meet the spirit of the course as defined here. Instructors may choose to devote more time to the learning objectives listed above or to add additional, complimentary objectives. Supplementary material and objectives should not overlap with the defined content of other courses in the curriculum
This course provides an introduction to computer languages. The term computer language is used in a general sense to include programming languages (specifically, Java), modeling and design languages for information systems specification (UML), and markup languages (XML). This is a problem-based course in which students will formulate and solve problems by themselves and also in assigned teams.