IST’s Academic Services Operations (ASO) team will reach out to instructors for all information needed below.
Final exam registration
Each semester, indicate whether your course(s) will include a final exam during the University’s final exam period. Whether you are offering a final exam or not, the registrar needs your course information in order to manage exam schedule conflicts for students. The IST Academic Services Operations (ASO) will send you an email with a link to the form to submit final exam information for the registrar, and the ASO team will submit the information to the registrar on your behalf.
- Submit the form even if your course does not have a final exam.
- Complete a separate form for each course section.
- ASO sends your information to the registrar to assist in scheduling all final exams.
See dates from the registrar’s final exam timeline by going to the Academic Calendars. ASO will include a general summary of Penn State’s final exam policy when they email you for exam information each semester.
Textbook and course material registration
Use the Submit/Request Course Textbooks form to submit textbook information (for Resident courses) or request copies for all courses (Resident and World Campus). The IST Academic Services Operations (ASO) team will email you with the link to the textbook form at the appropriate time, prior to each semester.
For University Park in-person (resident) courses, the IST Academic Services Operations (ASO) submits all course material requests to the bookstores and library.
Tips as you complete the form:
- Submit the form even if you do not require any materials.
- Complete a separate form for each course and textbook. Complete the form with information for your first course and click submit. It will then present you with a blank form to submit additional textbook requests.
- Request desk copies using the same form. Some publishers only allow one complimentary copy or an e-text. Ask your assistants to return course materials to you each semester.
- ASO lists your course materials through the Penn State bookstore and submits textbook selections to the Penn State library. If a free online option is available, ASO will notify you.
In summary, the IST Academic Services Operations (ASO) team will email you with links to the forms you use to submit textbooks/materials and final exam information prior to each semester. If you have questions for the team, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.