IST’s Academic Services Operations (ASO) team will reach out to instructors for all information needed below.
Final exam registration
Each semester, indicate whether your course(s) will include a final exam during the University’s final exam period. Whether you are offering a final exam or not, the registrar needs your course information in order to manage exam schedule conflicts for students. The IST Academic Services Operations (ASO) will send you an email with a link to the form to submit final exam information for the registrar, and the ASO team will submit the information to the registrar on your behalf.
- Submit the form even if your course does not have a final exam.
- Complete a separate form for each course section.
- ASO sends your information to the registrar to assist in scheduling all final exams.
See dates from the registrar’s final exam timeline by going to the Academic Calendars. ASO will include a general summary of Penn State’s final exam policy when they email you for exam information each semester.
Textbook and course material registration
If you are teaching at least one residential course in the following semester, you will need to submit information on the textbooks for your course directly to the Penn State Bookstore. Keep an eye out for emails each semester from Penn State Bookstore: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE REGARDING DESK COPIES:
ASO will order desk copies for you. If you need a desk copy of your resident or world campus course textbook - for your own review or for student support assistants (TA, LA, or IA) - submit a request via this form. This form is ONLY for ordering copies, NOT for submitting information to the bookstore.
Contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Student Rating of Teaching Effectiveness (SRTEs)
Student Rating of Teaching Effectiveness (SRTEs) are administered in the last two weeks of every semester. This process is automated, and students will be emailed with links to complete their SRTEs for any course they are enrolled in. These links will also appear in your course in Canvas. You will have access to your SRTE results after you have submitted course grades to Lionpath. You can access your SRTE results here.
- IST Academic Services Operations (ASO) team will email you with information on scheduling final exams each semester
- The Penn State Bookstore will email you with links to the forms you use to submit textbook/materials requests prior to each semester
- Student Rating of Teaching Effectiveness (SRTEs) will automatically be sent to students in the last two weeks of each semester
If you have questions, email the ASO team at firstname.lastname@example.org.